Blame it on the Fiji

Ever since my brother introduced me to the Housemartins one summer night while couching it in his frat boy house, I have had an infatuation with British pop. And eventually that infatuation spilled over into British punk and once I was there it wasn't long until post punk ala Joy Division found its way into my heart. Their Love Will Tear Us Apart has to be one of the greatest love ballads of all time! It just so happens that a favorite Mexican haunt of ours in the area has a jukebox that carries it and whenever Dave and I find ourselves there I can't resist playing it.... sometimes more than once. If you aren't familiar with the song or if you share the same love that I do or perhaps just simple curiosity My Old Kentucky Home blog has a post linking to the song and ALOT of covers.

Enjoy.

No comments: