.09"

Weather in LA is a little like the tooth fairy, it doesn't really exist. This is why every time a storm cell is east of Hawaii the local weathermen nearly have a heart attack. All weekend long they forecasted "THE STORM". It was coming and even worse...during our Monday morning commute! They even had the guts to issue a flash flood warning. Yes, it did rain yesterday, and the morning commute was a mess. But last night when the rainfall numbers were posted I fell onto the floor rolling with laughter after I saw the highest quantity was .09". Are they serious? A flash flood warning for under a tenth of an inch. I could have spit and created more moisture. Even better, the weatherman in his glory of actually correctly predicting a drop of water decided to extend the warning. We awoke this morning to more rain, and I smiled with the thought of maybe 2 tenths of rainfall. I guess I shouldn't have smiled because it wasn't long before that 2 tenths of an inch decided to make its presence known......

No comments: