lost angeles


It's always hard when a friend moves away; especially so when you find one who fits nicely.

When I moved out to this coast from the other Ryan took me under her sophisticated wing and guided me through the city. We laughed over a cup of Pete's and cried through the cheapest flicks. She didn't mock me when I wore pink for a month straight or decided to go platinum and I lent her my shoulder when a boy broke her heart. We shared the obvious things; we are both from the heartland, enjoy a good debate, and have a soft spot for Julia Roberts. I should say... we weren't exactly two peas in a pod, but we weathered the storms in style.

Sooo.o the list of deserters from this thankless city keeps growing and today I say goodbye to a friend.

"So long Heather #1."
"I will try not to be too much of a 'pillowcase' while you are away."

No comments: