At the Great Wolf.....

This past weekend, David and I had the pleasure of flying back to Kansas City for a not so small family gathering, and wedding. My parents, Aunt, and Uncle had been planning this get-a-way probably since all of us grandkids dispersed like bees from the hive and they realized to get us all under one rough again it would take either a giant sized water park of fun or one of my Grandma's famous cherry pies. Luckily for them, they used both. All twenty of us found ourselves comfortably tossed into the craziness of Great Wolf Lodge. During the day we packed it in pool side with the big kids trying to keep up with the little kids. You can imagine who blacked out from a chlorine overdose first. Thankfully, no one told Dave or I to pack our hunting gear or some pimple faced teens on the water slides would have found themselves laid out faster than my Dad can say "Pull my finger." Overall the weekend was a huge success and it was after some long hugs and belly full of barbecue that Dave and I found ourselves getting back on the plane thinking of the next big family weekend. I hear the powers that be have a ski trip in mind. Perhaps we'll stay at another lodge, and perhaps then we'll see an actual wolf.

No comments: